Sunday, May 1, 2016

Winter is over. Lets head to the beach!


Happy May Day!

And Happy So Suzy Stamps Day!  Today I am doing a "re-visit" using a few of my favorite stamps from the January 2016 release:  Surf Shack and Sandy Toes available from So Suzy Stamps.


I began my card by using my MISTI to stamp the two images on a 5.5 x 4.25"piece of Hammermill 80# Digital Color Cover Copy paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I really like that ink and paper for Copic coloring.  Hammermill Color Cover is smooth and has a slightly glossy finish so the ink blends really well.

I colored my images using quite a few Copic markers.  


Once my ink was dry, I trimmed my panel slightly and adhered it to an A2 white side fold Gina K card base.  

To assemble my shaker, I began by cutting a piece of Duralar .005 mm clear film to 5.25 x 4", and gently tapped my embossing buddy on the piece to cover it with powder.  (Make sure you don't rub... it can create scratches on your plastic.)  I left the powder on the piece and set it aside.  I chose a piece of lime green scrap paper from my scrap drawer for my frame.  I cut it to 5.5 x 4.25, and then used washi tape to secure a centered stitched rectangle die and ran it through my Big Shot.  For this card, I used a Double Stitched Rectangle die.  I like how small and dainty the "stitches" are on this die.  

I then gently wiped the powder off my piece of acetate with... what else??  My t-shirt, of course. Keeping the powdered side facing up (toward what will be the interior of my shaker space) I glued it to the back side of my frame.  I then used two layers of 3M foam tape to add my spacer.  Because I'm cheap...  I mean frugal... I first double up the tape, leaving the paper strips on, then cut it in half before using the thinner strips to create the walls for the cage for my shaker pieces.


I was careful to make sure the foam tape fit together very snugly leaving no openings or gaps for my  sequins to escape through.

Once my top frame was ready, I used used my Scor Buddy as a tray, butting two of the sides into the corner.  I then added a small pile of random sized and colored sequins to the very center of my main colored panel.  I peeled the green paper tape from the foam tape on all four edges of my top frame, and using the Scor Buddy "frame" edges as a guide to line up two edges of my frame, I simply lowered the frame into place.  Voila! A perfect fit!

I gave it a minute for the tape to adhere securely and gave it a shake to disperse the sequins, and since I confirmed there were no escapees, my card was done!


Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful day!